Getting Started with a Xylo Development Kit
pip install rockpool xylosim bitstruct
See more information and installation options here: https://rockpool.ai/basics/installation.html
Open a python terminal.
# - Import the Xylo HDK detection function from rockpool.devices.xylo import find_xylo_hdks # - Detect a connected HDK and import the required support package connected_hdks, support_modules, chip_versions = find_xylo_hdks()
connected_hdks will be a list of device objects, for each Xylo HDK you have connected.
support_modules will be a list of python packages, corresponding to each HDK, which provide all the support functions and classes for that connected HDK.
chip_versions will be a list of strings, each one describing the version of Xylo on each connected HDK.
If these lists are empty, the Xylo HDK was not found and you need to debug. Use `lsusb` on a linux machine, or the "System Information" app on Max OS, to see if the device was detected by your computer.
- Quick-start for the Xylo™ SNN core: https://rockpool.ai/devices/quick-xylo/deploy_to_xylo.html
- Intro to Xylo™ Audio: https://rockpool.ai/devices/quick-xylo/xylo-audio-2-intro.html
- General introduction to Rockpool: https://rockpool.ai/basics/getting_started.html
If you cannot connect to your Xylo HDK from Rockpool, here are a list of commonly-encountered problems to help you troubleshoot.
- Do the lights turn on on the Xylo HDK? If not, try a new USB cable, a different USB port, or a different PC.
- Are you using a USB3.1 compatible cable? Xylo HDK requires USB 3.1 to work. Try a known-good cable; ideally the one shipped with Xylo.
- Are you using a USB 3.1 compatible port? Xylo HDK requires USB 3.1. Check that Xylo is not connected via a USB 2 hub or USB 2 port. Use <code>lsusb</code> (linux) or System Profiler (Mac OS) to check.
- If on linux, have you set up your Udev rules correctly? Check the samna installation documentation.
- Are you using the latest version of
samna? You can update by running
pip install --upgrade samna && python -x 'import samna'in a terminal.
- Do you have the latest firmware for your Xylo HDK? Check the firmware downloads and instructions to update.
Hello! Where would I find the firmware upgrades for the Xylo Audio 2?
The firmware for all our development kits is available here:
For Xylo Audio 2, the firmware is under the directory "XyloAv2TestBoard".
Please check the samna documentation for updating firmware on your device: